BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

My First Summer Outfit for Brooke



With my craft fairs over and summer weather finally here, the urge to sew for my little girl has hit me hard. I made this outfit for her the other day. I was so proud of myself. Clothing has been the one thing that I have been struggling with. So for me to finish a complete outfit was a huge accomplishment for me.
Now the bug is hitting me hard. I want to make so many things for her. My fears of messing things up has been overcome by the joy I felt in seeing her wear the outfit I made her. She told everyone we saw that her mommy made her shirt. I was puffed up like a proud momma.
Lately I've been browsing the photo albums of fellow group members creations. They have inspired me to keep going. Their creations are beautiful! I hope to reach their skill level and make beautiful dresses and outfits for my little one. She is the apple of my eye and nothing makes me prouder than to see her wearing things I've made just for her.
I am off now to attempt another top and bottom set for her. My goal is to have a complete set of summer clothes for her. Dresses, twirl tops, shorts, skirts and a line jumpers all made by me. She will be wearing custom originals instead of cookie cutter outfits from the exchange. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Andi said...

AWWWW, I love it! It came out so well, I really hope that I can reach your level of sewing soon. I'm trying to be patient but sometimes you just wish some stuff would "click" sooner. But I'm really proud of you Chris! It looks Great!!

Katelin said...

Lovely outfit!! You made beautiful dress for her!! I too like to sew dresses for my baby...